Grilling fire safety tips
- only use your grill outside keep it three feet away from siding, decks and rails
- clean your grill after each use (this will remove grease that can start a fire)
- Keep a 3 foot safe zone around your camp fire
- Place the coals from your grill in a metal can with a lid once they have cooled
- Open your gas grill before lighting
- Keep an eye on your grill, fire pit or patio torches. Never leave any of them unattended
Prepare for wildfire maintenance defensible space
- Zone 1 extends 30 feet from buildings, structures, decks, etc.
- Remove all dead plants
- Remove dry leaves and pine needles from your yard, roof and rain gutters.
- Remove branches that hang over your roof and keep dead branches away from your chimney
-Trim trees regularly 8 feet from the ground and 10 feet from other trees
- Relocate wood piles to Zone 2
-Zone 2 extends 100 feet out from buildings, structures, decks, etc.
-Cut or mow grass down to a maximum height of 3 inches.
-remove fallen leaves, needles, twigs, bark, cones and small branches.
Enjoy the Sunshine!